Readout of US Space Force Chief Operations Officer Lt. Gen. DeAnna Burt’s Travel to Germany and the UK

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Amazing Space
      Space Shuttle Discovery - Slow Motion Launch
    • By NASA
      NASA has selected Sierra Lobo Inc. of Fremont, Ohio, to support spaceflight hardware design, development, testing, and operations at NASA’s Glenn Research Center in Cleveland. 
      The Space Flight Systems Development and Operations Contract III is a cost-plus-fixed-fee contract featuring a cost-plus-fixed-fee and firm-fixed-price indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity provision with a maximum potential value of approximately $282.1 million. The 90-day phase-in period is anticipated to begin on Tuesday, Feb. 27, followed by a three-year base period and two two-year option periods.
      The systems development and operations contract encompasses the development and delivery of technology development hardware and software, space flight hardware and software, ground support equipment, spares, as well as mission integration and operations, and sustaining engineering. The contractor will be responsible for the definition, design, development, analysis, fabrication, assembly, test, verification, delivery, and operation of space flight systems, associated support systems and equipment, and related ground activities, including research, science, and technology development and demonstrations.
      For information about NASA and other agency programs, visit:
      https://www.nasa.gov
      -end-
      Roxana Bardan
      Headquarters, Washington
      202-358-1600
      roxana.bardan@nasa.gov
      Jan Wittry
      Glenn Research Center, Cleveland
      216-433-5466
      Jan.m.wittry-1@nasa.gov
      Details
      Last Updated Feb 22, 2024 LocationNASA Headquarters Related Terms
      Glenn Research Center View the full article
    • By Space Force
      Remarks by CSO at the AFA Air Warfare Symposium’s Great Power Competition Senior Leader Panel.

View the full article
    • By Space Force
      The U.S. Space Force’s VICTUS NOX on-orbit mission has successfully concluded.

View the full article
    • By NASA
      “I was born and raised in Kenya and come from a very humble background. I’m one of nine kids and the third born, meaning that I started responsibilities very early because we had to help our mother. Almost every two to three years, she had a baby, so you can imagine she was a very, very strong woman and powerful, too. When I think about that past, she is the person, and my father as well, who taught us that we can overcome any obstacle. It doesn’t matter what it is.
      “I remember going to school without fees, and they would send me home. One time, when I was complaining about being sent home because of my lack of school fees, [my mother] could see I was affected by all this. She told me, ‘Those kids you see out there that look like they come from higher, well-off families came to this world the same way you came. So, you are no different than them. Don’t look at the material wealth and think you are less than them.’ 
      “That’s the background that shaped me. It instilled a sense of believing in yourself. Anyone you see on the streets, their color or background doesn’t matter; we all come into this world the same way. You’re equipped with skills, so find your passion and go for it. 
      “When I look at that background, it’s the one that has helped me come this far.”
      – Dr. Charles Gatebe, Chief of Atmospheric Science Branch, NASA’s Ames Research Center
      Image Credit: NASA / Brandon Torres
      Interviewer: NASA / Tahira Allen
      Check out some of our other Faces of NASA.
      View the full article
  • Check out these Videos