Members Can Post Anonymously On This Site
The US Navy's engagement with UFO encounters is not a recent phenomenon. UFO sightings by the Navy can be traced back to the 1950s and 1960s. However, during that period, these sightings were shrouded in secrecy. Crew members were explicitly instructed to remain silent about the incidents, and when pressed, they were often provided with vague or nonsensical explanations regarding the nature of these mysterious objects.
Even with the latest official announcements of supposed UFO/USO encounters such as the USS Nimitz UFO Incident (2004) USS Theodore Roosevelt UFO Incident (2014-2015) USS Kidd UFO Incident (2019) USS Russell UFO Incident (2019) USS Omaha UFO Incident (2021) You can imagine that the US Navy has experienced many more UFO / USO encounters over the years but these events are kept secret.
Here are five UFO / USO incidents in which the US Navy has been involved during the 60's, 70's and 80's.
1. Azores Islands, Early fall 1965, USS Albany GC10 -Late at night, lights out, watch shift. Technician and air traffic controllers observed 3 unidentified objects on radar following the fleet at a distance of about 40-50 miles for over an hour. -Three jets deployed to investigate. The pilots flying at speeds of around 1350 nots, but failed to make visual contact with the unknown objects. The technician, however, could spot the bogies on the height-finding radar, SP530. -As the jets attempted to approach the UFOs, the objects moved away rapidly, maintaining their triangular formation.-Then, within seven radar sweeps, the UFOs had completely disappeared from the radar, while the jets remained visible.
2. Azores Islands, May 23, 1968, USS Monrovia APA-31-Witness was on board the USS Monrovia APA-31 and observed a large submerged object on the starboard side of the ship, just behind the stern. -This USO had an elongated oval shape and emitted a luminescent orange glow. It appeared to have a translucent quality. -The USO seemed to mimic several changes in the ship's compass, radar, and radio equipment to malfunction, rendering them inoperable.-As suddenly as it had appeared, the USO vanished. -The sighting lasted for about 90 minutes and was witnessed by around 1,100 members of the ship's crew, including a contingent of US Marines.
3. Mediterranean Sea, Summer 1974, USS Forrestal CV-59 -Signalman on duty during a regular night-watch spots an unusual reflection appearing as an underwater light, approximately 8 miles away and reports the sighting to the control tower. -Despite sonar failing to confirm the contact, the visual sighting was strong enough to bring the captain, executive officer, flight boss, and several intelligence officers to the deck. Over the next 20 minutes, they watch the object moving at high speed across the ship's bow. -The object zigzagged from 60 to over 100 miles per hour until it halted directly in the ship's path at one point within 4 miles of the Forrestal, before disappearing into the depths of the sea. -In the aftermath, the witness was ordered by the executive officer to remain silent.
4. Bermuda Triangle, June 15, 1977, USS Glover AGFF-1 -Early morning of June 15, 1977 witness's watch duty above the bridge interrupted by a bright red-orange circular object that dropped from the sky and neared the ship and almost simultaneously, another watch also spotted the object. -Within moments, two more similar objects appeared, compelling them to report 3 unidentified contacts to the bridge and the Combat Information Center (CIC). -Suddenly, the ship lost all power, including radar and sonar, and came to a standstill in the water while the 3 objects conducted astonishing maneuvers across the sky before forming a triangle directly above the ship. -The 3 objects then converged to form a single bright orange light circle about 200 yards directly above the ship. Then vanish and the ship regains full power, and all systems reboot. -Later that night, ship encounters a surface contact that moved at an estimated speed of 70 mph and dove underwater without any slowdown, eventually, it plunged into depths of the Atlantic, disappearing both from the sonar and radar screens. -The following morning, the crew was assembled and ordered to forget everything they had witnessed and told they had seen 'an experimental Russian helicopter.'
5. Caribbean Sea, Summer 1980 or 1981, USS W.S. Sims FF-1059 -An urgent dispatch was relayed to the USS W.S. Sims to head to Puerto Rico where there were reports of a Russian submarine exhibiting suspicious maneuvers in the area. -Onboard were divers, scientists and other experts, all brought together to investigate the unusual underwater activity. -The crew spent several intense weeks working to determine what exactly they were dealing with.-Witness heard "whispers" from the divers who were part of the investigation. They referred to the incident as another "Shag Harbor." -The final outcome of the mission remained elusive and the crew were told they had been studying a natural phenomenon of undetermined origin. -The phenomenon had the uncanny ability to elude detection at will, only to reappear again, this pattern continued for about six weeks.
The Shag Harbor UFO incident was the reported impact of an unknown large object into waters near Shag Harbor, Nova Scotia, a fishing village on the Atlantic coast, on 4 October 1967.
At least eleven people saw a low-flying lit object head towards the harbor. Multiple witnesses reported hearing a whistling sound "like a bomb," then a "whoosh," and finally a loud bang.
Two days after the incident had been observed, a detachment of navy divers from Fleet Diving Unit Atlantic was assembled and for the next three days, they combed the seafloor of the Gulf of Maine off Shag Harbor looking for an object.
The final report said no trace of an object was found but it is suggested that they kept this UFO incident secret.
View the full article
After years of anticipation and hard work by NASA’s OSIRIS-REx (Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification and Security – Regolith Explorer) team, a capsule of rocks and dust collected from asteroid Bennu finally is on Earth. It landed at 8:52 a.m. MDT (10:52 a.m. EDT) on Sunday, in a targeted area of the Department of Defense’s UtaView the full article
NASA has recently stated that much more "data" is needed in the study of UAP. Everyone wants data, but do we really lack good data when it comes to this phenomenon?
For 80 years, the United States military has encountered UAP, once known as UFOs. There is a long history of encounters, as well as the deliberate suppression of evidence.
Richard Dolan has uncovered a case that had been buried in the database of the National UFO Reporting Center concerning the U.S. Coast Guard in the year 1973.
It involved an incredible UFO encounter in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and the confiscation of photographs by "Men in Black," and the intimidation of the witnesses.
Date and Location: The incident took place in the summer of 1973, somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. The exact coordinates and specific location remain undisclosed, adding to the mystery surrounding the event.
Initial Encounter: The incident began when the crew of a U.S. Coast Guard vessel reportedly observed an unusual object in the sky. Witnesses described these objects as hovering and maneuvering in ways that defied conventional aircraft capabilities. It emitted strange lights and exhibited erratic movements, leaving the crew perplexed and concerned.
Photographic Evidence: In a bold attempt to document the inexplicable phenomenon, several members of the Coast Guard crew managed to capture photographs of the unidentified object. These photographs were intended to serve as crucial visual evidence of the encounter.
The Intervention of "Men in Black": One of the most remarkable aspects of this incident was the alleged intervention of mysterious individuals commonly referred to as "Men in Black." These individuals, who often appear in UFO-related accounts, are believed by some to be government agents tasked with concealing or discrediting UFO-related evidence. In this case, "Men in Black" purportedly boarded the Coast Guard vessel and confiscated the photographic evidence, along with any other records or documentation related to the incident.
Intimidation of Witnesses: The crew members who had witnessed and attempted to document the UAP encounter reported feeling threatened and intimidated by the "Men in Black." These individuals allegedly warned the witnesses not to discuss the incident with anyone and conveyed a sense of secrecy and urgency.
Secrecy and Cover-Up: The incident, like many other UAP encounters involving military personnel, was shrouded in secrecy. Details of the event were allegedly classified or suppressed, making it difficult for researchers and the public to access comprehensive information.
Witness report: The UFO would come down hovering above us. We could see what I would describe as portholes. I rotated as it hovered. The lights changed color. Then it would go up in a second becoming very small. Then it seemed to show off, as if it knew we were watching it. It would accelerate across the sky in a split second while doing right angles.
Many photos of this craft were taken with telephoto lens. I remember I couldn't wait to see the photos after they were developed. I never saw them.
When we were relieved from Ocean Station Duty, we headed back to Governor's Island, Yankee Pier, where was our home port. We were not expecting the reception that we received. As we were docking, I saw quite a few "Men In Black" waiting to board our ship. Usually after docking, if you did not have duty, we were granted liberty of usually 72 hours. No one was allowed to leave the ship. We were all interrogated one by one by these "Men In Black". We were told to sign an affidavit, stating we saw nothing. We were warned that if we mention this to anyone, we would be gone.
We were told not to go to any news media, and try and tell this story. If we did, we would be prosecuted by the government.
So, what becomes evident is that we do indeed possess a trove of data on these occurrences; it's simply shrouded in secrecy, concealed from the public eye.
The NUFORC Case referenced here is at: https://nuforc.org/sighting/?id=76914
View the full article
00.00: Introduction At the onset of this exploration, we delve into intriguing cases from around the globe that have baffled and mystified many. Join us as we embark on a journey through enigmatic encounters and perplexing mysteries.
01.53: Case 1 - Varginha, Brazil - "Moment of Contact" Unravel the secrets surrounding the "Moment of Contact" trailer. A story that has captivated the imaginations of many, this case presents a series of events that defy explanation.
10.22: Case 2 - Peru - The Mysterious Tale of "Buried in Stone" by Jonathan Weygandt Uncover the mystifying narrative of "Buried in Stone" by Jonathan Weygandt. This tale unfolds like an enigmatic tapestry, weaving together the inexplicable and the otherworldly.
17.00: Case 3 - Craft leaking weird liquid An unusual encounter involving a mysterious craft oozing an inexplicable liquid. We dissect this puzzling phenomenon that challenges the boundaries of scientific understanding.
24.45: Case 4 - Taken by guys in "Black Cammies" Accounts of individuals who claim to have been taken by enigmatic figures clad in "Black Cammies." The mysterious motives behind these encounters remain shrouded in darkness.
31.54: Case 5 - The floating Octagon in Indonesia The mystery of the Floating Octagon in Indonesia. This unexplained anomaly continues to confound and intrigue, defying conventional understanding.
40.00: Case 6 -Taken by guys in "Black Camos" What at first glance appeared to be a friendly plane that crashed turned out not to be a friendly plane. It was actually an amazing, unidentified flying object that carried itself into the side of a granite mountain.
47.48: Case 7 - What was in the boxes?What lay concealed within the enigmatic boxes. The contents of these containers remain a source of fascination and intrigue, beckoning us to uncover their secrets.
View the full article
Recently the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) came out with a map depicting UAP hotspots. While the idea for such a map is laudable, the AARO data does not provide anywhere near a sufficient amount of data to make any such determination.
Something completely left out of the public discussion of the UFO phenomenon and remain largely unconfirmed by official government sources are the objects that are consistently observed beneath the surface of oceans, lakes, and other bodies of water, displaying behavior or characteristics that defy conventional explanation.
These objects called USOs are similar to UFOs: USOs are often likened to UFOs in that they are typically objects that move through the water with great speed, agility, or in ways not consistent with known human-made technology. They are frequently reported as glowing or emitting strange lights when observed underwater.
Theories about the origin and nature of USOs vary widely. Some speculate that they are extraterrestrial in origin, possibly indicating the presence of underwater alien bases. Others propose it is secret military technology.
USOs have been reported in oceans around the world, but some regions, like the Bermuda Triangle in the Atlantic Ocean and the Puerto Rico Trench, have had a higher frequency of USO sightings, however, when studying the phenomenon of Unidentified Submersible Objects we are developing some genuine data and we see that one obvious hotspot of USO activity, perhaps the leading spot in the world, is the Puerto Rico area / The Caribbean.
In the next video, historian Richard Dolan discusses several cases from the region.
View the full article
Check out these Videos